31 Mart 2012 Cumartesi


LET DOWN: To disappoint | hayal kırıklığına uğratmak

 Example1: She failed to turn up and I felt badly let down.
 Example2: He is afraid of letting his father down.






COME DOWN WITH: To become afflicted with (an illness) / Hastalığa yakalanmak, yatağa düşmek

 Example1: Many people came down with the flu this year.
 Example2: Susan came down with a bad cold and had to cancel her trip.
 Example3: I didn't go to work because I came down with the flu.








NOSE AROUND: KOLAÇAN ETMEK, BURNUNU SOKMAK

 Example: I hate it when my mother noses around my room.




COME ACROSS: KARŞILAŞMAK, RESTGELMEK, TESADÜF ETMEK

Example: Have you ever come across any money in the street?





WHISTLE FOR: To hope for something with no chance of getting it / üstüne bir bardak su içmek

Example: You can whistle for your money now - the firm's gone bankrupt.











Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder